Sunday, August 21, 2011

WE HAVE MET OUR NEW WARD FAMILY~RIDGEVIEW WARD~AUGUST 21, 2011

Elder & Sister Penhallegon
Agricultural Church Service Missionaries
Farmland Reserve Mission
The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints






Dad & I so enjoyed meeting our new ward family! We meet in a large bldg & it must be in a very large ward. I was very impressed with the Twelve Boys that blessed & passed the sacrament. The chapel was full & Bishop Stoker said we were still missing a lot a families, but it is August & it is time to fit in those family vacations & take your kids to BYU! The Relief Society President, Sister Holle & her family were leaving to take two sons to BYU, Provo...one was a returned missionary & the second son was entering as a Freshman. The ward is very busy with Service projects & I had a couple of sisters who approached me about several Service Opportunities: Northwest Day of Service; S.H.A.K.E. School Supplies: S.H.A.K.E. (Seniors Helping All Kids Education); and the U.S. Troop Care Package. I guess I don't have to go far to find something to do! It is all being placed right in front of me! This week Dad & I make a visit to the Bishop's Storehouse to set up a work schedule & Dad begins his Land Management Services in his office at AgriNorthwest. I have been told the Temple President, President Moody will be calling us with a Temple assignment. Do we sound BUSY? Yes, It is just the beginning of 23 glorious months, and Dad & I are loving every moment!












Dad & I feel the power of the Holy Ghost in our lives so strongly...I read about the extraordinary characteristics of this remarkable power today & thought I would share this with you; The gift of the Holy Ghost...quickens all the intellectual faculties, increases, enlarges, expands, & purifies all the natural passion & affections; & adapts them, by the gift of wisdom, to their lawful use...It inspires virtue, kindness, goodness, tenderness, gentleness, & charity. It develops beauty of the person, form, & features. It tends to health, vigor, animation, & social feeling. It develops & invigorates all the faculties of the physical & intellectual man. It strengthens, invigorates, & gives tone to the nerves. In short, it is, as it were, marrow to the bone, joy to the heart, light to the eyes, music to the ears, & life to the whole being.












We have seen & feel a change in our lives since our desire to Serve Our Mission has Begun!












Love To You ALL






Lots of Hugs & Kisses












Elder & Sister Penhallegon/Dad & Mom

3 comments:

Marnie said...

Great quote on the Holy ghost.We talked about it in Sunday School today & were reminded that it's only through that spirit that we teach & our testimony is rooted deep. Also received a new calling tonight. I'll be serving in the Stake Primary Presidency as their secretary. Haven't been in Primary for what 10 yrs? Crazy huh? Sounds like your settling in to your new ward. You might have to blog more than once a week to keep us up to date. Love you! Things here are all good. Everything is alive & green. LOL but seriously...

Staci Rocha said...

SO happy for you both and thanks for sharing that great quote! A good spiritual thought for my morning!

Keep on writing and sharing what you are doing, i love reading and hearing about all your experiences. It's uplifting and inspiring :) The temple is beautiful, i have never seen the temple there!

Marnie, that is great about your new calling! I love Primary!!! And hope to not be released from Primary for a long time, at least until Penny gets into YW :)

Love ya!

Alysa said...

I love hearing how your mission is affecting you in such great ways. The spiritual blessings are so amazing.

Love you both.