Dad & I traveled to Wenatchee on Saturday to attend the Funeral of Preston's dad, John Herrick. We were there to give our love with big tight squeezing hugs & support to our son-in-law, Preston, & especially to give our love & support to Louise & her family. It was a beautiful funeral that was held on a gorgeous fall day. Preston did such wonderful work in preparing & making the arrangements for his father's funeral. Then to finish it all Preston spoke & it was a beautiful tribute to his Father. I hope that Preston gives us all a copy of all he had to say about his father. John has meant so much to all of us & to our family as he was once our Bishop & then he was the father-in-law & became family to us when his son married our daughter, Marnie. We will all miss John, but are so grateful for the good times we had together with him in sharing our daughter with him & sharing our grandchildren. We thank him for the bright star & guiding light he was to our family & for his love & joy he so freely gave to each of us...We will miss you John & we look forward to the day when we will join together in a great heavenly Family Reunion. (sorry about the crease in the picture, but we folded the program & tucked it away kind of forgetting that I was going to post this on our blog ;-))
Mother's and Father's Day 2014
12 years ago

6 comments:
That's a picture of the John Herrick I remember. I haven't seen him in year, yet I have such wonderful memories of him when he was my bishop as a youth! He was such a kind, encouraging man! He will always hold a special place in my heart! I am glad that you guys were able to go and be there for Preston and Marnie and the kids! I'm sure that meant a lot to them! Thanks for sharing since I wasn't able to be there in person. I'd love to get a copy of the tribute that Preston gave for his dad! Sending LOVE to all my family!! We are so blessed to have such a loving family and especially the knowledge that families can be together forever!
Thanks for putting the quote from Bishop Herrick and his pictures on your blog. I loved that, and loved reading your whole blog--and the pictures--you are both working very, very hard! We love you!
It's hard to say good bye to loved ones and Grandpa Herrick was a wonderful man!!! How is Marnie and the fam doing? Did Whitney come home too?
Thanks for posting!
Love ya :)
So glad I could make it over. Everything said about Gpa/Bishop Herrick was so great. Preston did such a great job too. I just loved being able to get away for the weekend and spend time with family. It's too bad we wait until someone dies to get together. We need to make sure we are doing it before they are gone to celebrate their life.
Love to all my family. I miss you all. Can't wait until the next time we are all together. It's been too long already. Why is it we all live so far apart? And why can't we do something about that?
Family, We so enjoyed the funeral, sad, but full of love & happy tears for having John Herrick in our lives. I think all of John's & Louise children were there & a Grandson from S Carolina gave the Family Prayer as the casket was closed. It was amazing to unite as a family in love & support for this great man. Yes, Whitney flew home thanks to Aunt Nancy & Uncle Craig who is a pilot for Southwest Airlines...she flew in Friday & out on Sunday...Alysa took her back to Seatac cause Jeremy was flying in on Sunday & Alysa dropped off Whitney when she picked up Jeremy. We did not see much of Marnie & Preston, but we are thankful we were there! They were really busy with Preston's family & that is the way it should be...Poppa did a little work on the irrigation system with Austin, George & Mason & the girls went shopping so I could send Whitney back to school with a warm coat for the cold winter in Utah :-) Dad & I took Alysa's family to dinner at Buddy's Saturday evening & then dad & I were on the road to get back to Kennewick~We loved seeing Family & being with everyone~gave Debbie Potter big hugs & lovin' too :-) She is doing really well with the loss of Dan...Love You ALL Mom :-)
All your love, kind words & prayers means so much to us. It was a wonderful service for Preston's dad. I'm really proud of Preston. He wasn't sure he was going to be able to speak but he decided too & the priesthood blessing he received from the Bishop really helped. We have definitely been blessed & comforted especially by family & friends! We send our love to all of you & say thank you even though that doesn't begin to express our gratitude for everything.
Post a Comment