Those are some great pictures. I've never seen some of them. A couple of them remind me of my son for some odd reason. Go figure! What's that saying? "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree"?
HAPPY 60TH B-DAY! It's fun to look at those pictures & a special way to remenesce on birthdays. My how time goes by. We are so blessed to have such a terrific loving father. I hope you are proud of your posterity. We are sure proud of you! All we are & have become is because of you. Have a great day! You are in our thoughts all day! Love you lots!
I should just ditto Marnie all the time, cuz she always says the things I am thinking. Were we twins in the preexistence? I noticed that in the comments in Dad's book and with your comment here. That's too funny. I guess we are more alike than I thought.
Anyway, Happy Birthday, Dad. I hope you got my email that I sent this morning.
I loved the pictures on the blog. I'll have to print them out and put them in my photo album.
I wish you were closer so you could come for dinner or so that I could come by and drop off some p/b cornflake cookies. I guess I'll just think of you while I eat them.
I thought about leaving you sixty comments to read today but it hasn't happened ;) I hope you have had a nice day!
So, have you decided on when you will retire? Is tomorrow your last day :) Big decisions ahead!
Well, Dad can you believe you've been around for sixty years and many more years to look forward to. My kids want to see you when the baby comes so hopefully something will work out so you can come for a little bit. I'm going to have Mom stay with me for a month so hopefully that is Ok with you :0 Just teasing! But if you do retire you could stay with us for a month!
O.k last thought for the evening! It's pretty fitting that your birthday is on EARTH Day! Thanks for teaching all of us kids to have an appreciation for the outdoors.
Something you should know... when i was a child i would rather be spanked by the belt by you rather than mom. You are a softy, thank goodness. EXCEPT for one time i can recall in my life when i was a teenager and i told you to shut-up and you gave me a good slap and i have never said that phrase again. Lesson learned!! Don't tell your Father to shut-up, from that moment i have learned to truly learn the importance of honoring my parents. Thanks for teaching me an important lesson!
My earlier comment wasn't really a birthday comment. Hope you had a great birthday! Mom said you had your whole day planned out. Did you get our special voicemail serenade, orchestrated just for your birthday? It would have sounded much worse in person, I guarantee it. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Some thoughts that were not included in the book _funny moments...i love reading what you write in newsletters or emails - you always have a funny comment to make. I enjoy your humorous words of wisdom! For example this comment from my blog: "OK, OK, so I have some quirks - that's what you love about me, right? I don't try to be odd, I just am - but, as you know, I have a reason for everything I do. As I sit here, Tibbey is giving me a bath - am I the only one that let's their dog fully express their heart-felt love and affection for their master? More borderline behavior, right? I love my wife, I love my kids, I love my grandkids, I love my crazy life - I'm the luckiest guy on the planet (right behind your spouses).Enjoy the eccentricities of your life and loved ones - that's what makes you and them unique.My immediate desire is to make it to 90, so I can see how you kids are holding up at my present age. Then we will really have some notes to compare. Love, Dad
You are loved because...you have been a constant source of calmness in my life. You are the silent listener which has been felt and appreciated and you would do anything to make sure your kids are well taken care of and happy!
You love the outdoors and some of my fondest memories are of us hiking, camping, fishing, working in the orchards, bird watching and I know I love these things because you have instilled in me an appreciation of these things.
You have helped me with countless homework assignments, if it wasn't for you I am sure I would have failed some projects but you would bail me out at late hours of the night trying to help me.
Speaking of holding up at a ripe old age of 60, if we were both 35, you had more hair than me and I'm about 40lbs heavier than you were. It's all muscle of course:-)
This is a small example but I remember you would be watching a favorite T.V show and peeling an orange to enjoy and I would walk past and snatch one and you would never complain.
You finally would just grab extra knowing that we would snatch some. You didn't like us drinking your cold water in the fridge,we needed to remember to keep your glass full or you would not be happy with us when you would come in the house from working outside.
You have always set a good example of attending all your church meetings and giving us kids Priesthood blessings, you have a great understanding of the Gospel.
I use to laugh every time I would hear you swear as we were working out in the orchard. Naughty, naughty!! And yes, when it's 30 degrees outside and your ears are frozen and you get whipped in the ear by a tree branch, it &^%$#@! hurts!!
You would stay up late Christmas Eve and lock yourself in the basement to make a special Christmas morning for us kids, you have always wrapped our gifts with perfection.
The other night, the kids left the outside light on....again for the 100th time and Courtney said I was amazing because I didn't yell at them. I'm pretty sure you did things like that for me about 10,000 times and never got mad!
I think you intentially like black licorice so no one else will eat it. I can understand that now! "MY" food never lasts with kids in the house. And this is the best part.....my car is my secret hiding place!! Sound familiar?
I guess I missed out on all the fun of all this last night. I was having a glitter toes party and a few of the girls stayed until 12:30 am. Good thing I talked to you on the phone to wish you a wonderful day. Can't wait to spend time with you this summer. Love you!!
61 comments:
Those are some great pictures. I've never seen some of them. A couple of them remind me of my son for some odd reason. Go figure! What's that saying? "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree"?
WOW! What great pictures! Happy Birthday Dad! We sure do love you and we're so grateful to all be Penhallegon's, it is something to be proud of!
I'm glad you are taking the day off tomorrow! I hope you have a relaxing, beautiful day, you deserve the BEST!
Love, Staci
HAPPY 60TH B-DAY! It's fun to look at those pictures & a special way to remenesce on birthdays. My how time goes by. We are so blessed to have such a terrific loving father. I hope you are proud of your posterity. We are sure proud of you! All we are & have become is because of you. Have a great day! You are in our thoughts all day! Love you lots!
I should just ditto Marnie all the time, cuz she always says the things I am thinking. Were we twins in the preexistence? I noticed that in the comments in Dad's book and with your comment here. That's too funny. I guess we are more alike than I thought.
Anyway, Happy Birthday, Dad. I hope you got my email that I sent this morning.
I loved the pictures on the blog. I'll have to print them out and put them in my photo album.
I wish you were closer so you could come for dinner or so that I could come by and drop off some p/b cornflake cookies. I guess I'll just think of you while I eat them.
I Love you both, Love, J
I thought about leaving you sixty comments to read today but it hasn't happened ;) I hope you have had a nice day!
So, have you decided on when you will retire? Is tomorrow your last day :) Big decisions ahead!
Well, Dad can you believe you've been around for sixty years and many more years to look forward to. My kids want to see you when the baby comes so hopefully something will work out so you can come for a little bit. I'm going to have Mom stay with me for a month so hopefully that is Ok with you :0 Just teasing! But if you do retire you could stay with us for a month!
I love you
Love, Staci
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday dear Dad
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!
You've had a Birthday shout hooray!
We want to sing to you today!
ONE YEAR OLDER
AND
WISER TOO
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!
LOVE, Dallin and Penny
O.k last thought for the evening! It's pretty fitting that your birthday is on EARTH Day! Thanks for teaching all of us kids to have an appreciation for the outdoors.
Truly a blessing :)
So, i lied that wasn't my last comment!
So, what did you and Mom do today!
Did you make it to the tulip festival?
Make sure and post some pictures tomorrow!
51 more comments to go to reach sixty!
Something you should know... when i was a child i would rather be spanked by the belt by you rather than mom. You are a softy, thank goodness. EXCEPT for one time i can recall in my life when i was a teenager and i told you to shut-up and you gave me a good slap and i have never said that phrase again. Lesson learned!! Don't tell your Father to shut-up, from that moment i have learned to truly learn the importance of honoring my parents. Thanks for teaching me an important lesson!
My earlier comment wasn't really a birthday comment. Hope you had a great birthday! Mom said you had your whole day planned out. Did you get our special voicemail serenade, orchestrated just for your birthday? It would have sounded much worse in person, I guarantee it.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Some thoughts that were not included in the book _funny moments...i love reading what you write in newsletters or emails - you always have a funny comment to make. I enjoy your humorous words of wisdom! For example this comment from my blog:
"OK, OK, so I have some quirks - that's what you love about me, right? I don't try to be odd, I just am - but, as you know, I have a reason for everything I do. As I sit here, Tibbey is giving me a bath - am I the only one that let's their dog fully express their heart-felt love and affection for their master? More borderline behavior, right? I love my wife, I love my kids, I love my grandkids, I love my crazy life - I'm the luckiest guy on the planet (right behind your spouses).Enjoy the eccentricities of your life and loved ones - that's what makes you and them unique.My immediate desire is to make it to 90, so I can see how you kids are holding up at my present age. Then we will really have some notes to compare. Love, Dad
You are loved because...you have been a constant source of calmness in my life. You are the silent listener which has been felt and appreciated and you would do anything to make sure your kids are well taken care of and happy!
Dear Dad,
As a daughter I have always felt loved by my Dad.
Poppa,
Happy Birtday!! On our phone message I was the one that said, we love you!
Love, Adam
Especially through your actions.
You are a man of few words but what you do express is taken in deeply.
Poppa,
Happy Birthday Poppa! I hope you had fun on your birthday!!
I love you! I miss you! Hope to see you soon!
Love, Londyn
You are a Dad that has always provided for our needs and wants.
You are incredibly smart and I have always enjoyed asking you lots of questions.
You love the outdoors and some of my fondest memories are of us hiking, camping, fishing, working in the orchards, bird watching and I know I love these things because you have instilled in me an appreciation of these things.
You love animals, especially dogs and I definitely love dogs too.
You would always take care of my dogs for me if I had forgotten or did not want to go out in the dark. I love my memories with my dogs!
You have helped me with countless homework assignments, if it wasn't for you I am sure I would have failed some projects but you would bail me out at late hours of the night trying to help me.
I think you are the smartest Dad and wish I had half your knowledge.
You are extremely selfless.
Speaking of holding up at a ripe old age of 60, if we were both 35, you had more hair than me and I'm about 40lbs heavier than you were. It's all muscle of course:-)
This is a small example but I remember you would be watching a favorite T.V show and peeling an orange to enjoy and I would walk past and snatch one and you would never complain.
You finally would just grab extra knowing that we would snatch some. You didn't like us drinking your cold water in the fridge,we needed to remember to keep your glass full or you would not be happy with us when you would come in the house from working outside.
You have always set a good example of attending all your church meetings and giving us kids Priesthood blessings, you have a great understanding of the Gospel.
I have a lot of good memories taking road trips, especially to Olympia.
I use to laugh every time I would hear you swear as we were working out in the orchard. Naughty, naughty!! And yes, when it's 30 degrees outside and your ears are frozen and you get whipped in the ear by a tree branch, it &^%$#@! hurts!!
You would stay up late Christmas Eve and lock yourself in the basement to make a special Christmas morning for us kids, you have always wrapped our gifts with perfection.
These are just a few good memories,
thanks for setting a great example in so many ways!
You have been a wonderful Dad!!!!!
The other night, the kids left the outside light on....again for the 100th time and Courtney said I was amazing because I didn't yell at them. I'm pretty sure you did things like that for me about 10,000 times and never got mad!
thank you for your constant love!!
and I love you!
Love, Staci
I think you intentially like black licorice so no one else will eat it. I can understand that now! "MY" food never lasts with kids in the house. And this is the best part.....my car is my secret hiding place!! Sound familiar?
I hope I grow up to bald like you!!
-Adam
I guess i am leaving comments as the same time as Ryan! He is interfering with my comments :)
Your picture in the bathtub reminds me of Adam and I thought I was looking at Ryan's body with Grandpa's head!!
Courtney
That's my job!! Isn't it past your bedtime woman?
Yes it actually is past my bed time! I meant to get on the computer to do some Primary stuff and I guess i got a little destracted
I was laughing the other day and guess what? I sounded like you!!
-Ryan
Did Mom tell you I poured cold water on Adam the other day? I got just as much joy out of that as I did doing it to you!! Maybe more!
Ryan
Poppa,
You are cool! And awesome! I wish I could grow up like you!
Adam
Distracted! I think i get that straight from Mom ;) or is it from Dad?
We can't wait to see you this summer at your house.
Love, Adam
Your birthday gift to me for life.......hairy legs!!
-Ryan
GOOD NIGHT! Have fun reading all your comments!
"Supreme happiness in life is the conviction in knowing that you are loved!"
pappa
We will have lots of fun this summer.
ADam
I remember when I thought I was so cool because I could wear your Members Only jacket. And I was! Or so I thought!
Remember all those times you said.....don't tell your mother?
When you retire, you're welcome to visit as long we go fishing, but you can't stay!! That's what Staci is for.
I hope Mom got you some new mocosins for your birthday!! If only she was allowed to do so! Just one of your eccentricities:-)
Only one more comment left to go!!
Don't stay up too late reading these comments. Now that you're 60 you should start going to bed earlier!!
I guess I missed out on all the fun of all this last night. I was having a glitter toes party and a few of the girls stayed until 12:30 am. Good thing I talked to you on the phone to wish you a wonderful day. Can't wait to spend time with you this summer. Love you!!
Post a Comment