Friday, January 15, 2010

PENNY TURNED FOUR & RYAN SENT MOM & DAD JERKY THIS WEEK!


Marnie mentioned in her comment this picture of Penny & Austin....Penny turned "4" this week! I just had to post it...time goes by so fast! Ryan sent us a package this week & we received some Jerky from his Deer hunting trip! Thanks Ryan, I know we will enjoy it as we begin our road trips when the rain stops & the snow melts! Dad said, "Hunting With You This Next October Sounds Good!" We are planning to come down in April to meet our new Grandson! See you ALL then!







4 comments:

Ryan and Courtney said...

Glad you got the deer jerky!! It's really good. Courtney even mixed in deer hamburger with beef hamburger to make spaghetti tonight and nobody could even tell. The jerky was only 6.99 per pound, compare that to the price of jerky next time you're in the store. It will make you want to start hunting deer again. Can't wait till next year!!
Courtney thinks she's going to have the baby at the end of February so we'll see if she's right. When do you plan on coming down?
Now I think I'll go find some jerky of my own!!

Love, Ryan

Marnie said...

Thanks for posting that picture it's one of MY favorites. So sweet! Not sure about deer jerky. Might have to try some sometime? Enjoy!

Jennifer said...

Will you take Jack hunting with you too? He's had his hunters safety license for a while, and he REALLY WANTS TO GO THIS YEAR. Ready or not, daddy is gonna have to "buck" up. I love deer jerky, I hope Ryan will save some for me!

Ryan and Courtney said...

JJ, Jack is welcome to come. When we're out hunting the more eyes the better to spot the deer. He'll need to go to www.wildlife.utah.gov and fill out an application for $5. I think he's guaranteed to draw out and then it's an additional $35. We'll want to apply for the same region, Central if that's ok with you. I'm already planning on taking the whole week off in Oct. He'll need to get comfortable firing a large gun 30-06 and spend time at the shooting range and be very familiar with a rifle. I went a lot with friends last year, but I'd be thrilled to go with family this year. I don't camp I just do a lot of day trips so the women get use to us coming back in one piece each day. Once he gets his deer license that will be his golden ticket to be a real man for a week! Buy him some hunter's orange for his birthday and he'll be set. I'll even let him gut his own deer. It will be like Dances with Wolves, take a bite out of the heart type thing...ok not that extreme.