Monday, May 31, 2010

MEMORIAL DAY...A DAY TO REMEMBER LOVED ONES


Thinking of my brother on Memorial Day & his family that love & miss him...the last I saw of him was when he was home for my wedding July 13, 1968 & my parents saw him for his birthday, October 31, 1968 before he was deployed to Vietnam...


































4 comments:

Alysa said...

Those are neat pictures. Is that you standing next to him?

Jennifer said...

What wonderful pictures. Thanks for posting those on Memorial Day! We really have a lot to be thankful for today! I never realized that there was quite the age span between you five kids. Probably alot like my own kids.

MaKey and Poppa said...

That is not me standing beside Adam(I wish it was) it was his girlfriend & I think her last name was Blankenship, but I can't remember her first name...Dad & I were living in Provo & dad was attending BYU...your Grandma was pretty good at spacing her kids about two years apart with me being the oldest child after my Mom & Dad had been married since August 19, 1939 before they had their first child born in November of 1948 (long time to wait for a child & once she figured it out she had 7 pregnancys...5 living & 2 miscarriages. Adam was two years younger than me. I will never ever forget how hard it was for my parents to lose their first son...Adam had gone thru so much in his lifetime being an Altar Boy in the Catholic Church & as a child riding his bike with his cousins & being hit by a drunk driver & being in a body cast for months then to fall off the Monkey bars at school to break his bones again & then to give his life for his country & family...he suffered alot & my parents sacrificed all they had for the love of their children!

Ryan and Courtney said...

I'm glad you posted those pictures. We attended a memorial service today at the local cemetery. Londyn was asked to sing a patriotic song with a group of girls and they did a fantastic job. We should have recorded it. The whole ceremony was great and we're glad we attended. Our freedom isn't free and it's good to be reminded of that on a day like Memorial Day.